Westboro Baptist Church
Oh my hackles have been raised again! We have a church, protesting military funeralsâ€¦ This is like several cattle prods coming at me. I cannot express my anger well enough in words. I feel; disgust, enraged, exasperated, maddened, provoked, and riled.
To actively protest a soldierâ€™s funeral is an extremely low act. I respect that the â€œchurchâ€ has the right to have an opinion and that they can protest to their hearts content. But I think it should be done from the pulpit, or in print, not in the immediate vicinity of the funeral services, procession, or graveside.
I think that the protesting of a funeral falls under fighting words and is NOT protected speech. These misguided Â pieces of shit are the reason that the Patriot Guard Riders were formed. (I need to place the PGR on the Wall of Honor when I am done with this page) They can have their opinions of why our soldiers are dying in this awful war, but it does not make them correct. When they attack the families of my fallen brothers and sisters in service, they are attacking me. They should (and perhaps I should as well) be thankful that this is not happening in my presence. I myself would end up going to jail or even prison for my response to their ill behavior.
When we are dealing with funerals (anyoneâ€™s funerals) they are already emotionally charged. This is not a gay rights issue. The soldier has NOTHING to do with gays being in the military. That decision is well above their pay grade! If God has a problem with it, it is not up to you, me, or any church to essentially desecrate the memorial services etc to make the point. It is a breach of the peace and the scum should be arrested.
Pastor Fred Phelps is a disgrace to the cloth and my own beliefs prevent me from being able to fully describe what I would like God to do to you. (Be thankful, because it is quite graphic and painful) Your misguided protests are an abomination to the word of God! Whether you are against gays in the military or not, you do not cause the families and loved ones of our fallen to suffer further pain.
Since the US Supreme Court has agreed to hear the case on funeral privacy rights, I think we may see some action.
The â€œchurchâ€ is now resorting to protesting High Schools! On June 1st they are protesting Grant High School in Portland Oregon as the kids will be arriving to the school. Later in the day they are moving to Heritage High School in Vancouver Washington.Â My hope is that the public outcry is enormous as the attendance of counter-protestors should be as well.
Letâ€™s just review who this â€œchurchâ€ hates:
Fred Rogers (Yep, Mister Rogers from our youth)
Corretta Scott King
U.S. Military members
Latter Day Saints â€“ â€œ. . . America’s own whoremonger and pedophile wangled his own hokey Book of Mormon!â€
Judaism- Jews killed Christ
Reformed Judaism – Jews killed Christ
Israel â€“ Jews killed Christ
President Barack Obama â€“ for being the Antichrist
China â€“ for being impudent and ungrateful communists
Santa Claus â€“ â€œSanta Claus will take you to hell. . . â€œ
The Academy Awards â€“ Milk was nominated for an award and it was about a gay man.
The Roman Catholic Church – “Satanic frauds preaching ArminianÂ lies.”
Methodists – Soft on sin
Presbyterians – Soft on sin
Lutherans – Soft on sin
Episcopalians – Soft on sin
Baptists (the main branch that they affiliate themselves with!) – Soft on sin
Orthodox Christians â€“ Idolatry, like Catholicism
Islam â€“ â€œMohammed was a demon-possessed whoremonger and pedophile who contrived a 300-page work of Satanic fictionâ€
Hinduism â€“ Idolatry and â€œfag-enablersâ€ [for the record I am not gay, but that usage of the word drags across my nerves]
African Americans (might be limited to individuals, not the entire population)
Neo-Nazis â€“ â€œThe only true Nazis in this world are fags.â€
KKK – Â â€œScripture doesnâ€™t support racismâ€ [while I do not like the KKK, I respect that they have their own views, I just want them to stay legal.]
Italy â€“ â€œGod REALLY hates Italy.â€ They are â€œmobster-breeding pervertsâ€
Ireland â€“ “about 10% of the population of Ireland are fags or dykes, the other 90% are most assuredly their soul-condemning enablers”.
Senator David Norris â€“ an activist for gay/lesbian/bi-sexual/transsexual issues.
Maybe it would have been easier for me to list who they LIKE.
Wherever you encounter their protests, please take the time to stand to resist them.
Do not let them think that they are right.
If the issue that they are protesting mirrors your own feelings, it is okay to exercise your rights.
Those of us in society hope that you will choose to do so with some common sense, not like a pack of loons.