We see too much gun violence thanks to the media’s drive for these stories…
They make good ratings, what will they do when people stop getting shot? Oh wait, people will always be shot or killed in some fashion since people are unable to respect the rights of others.
Before I start, I am sorry that a young woman lost her life, and the hell her family and friends are suffering…
We have another case where the community wants the white guy prosecuted for the death of a non-white.
- Why was the 19 year old out and about at 3:40am?
- Was this girl one of the only teens without a cell phone?
- can a citizen racially profile, or is that just a legal term that deals with law enforcement/security/TSA?
- Common sense tells us that we do not approach houses in the middle of the night (especially in rougher areas).
- What was her blood alcohol content?
The shooter says that he did not see her face and if that is true… then it is hard for it to be racially motivated.
There were claims that she was shot while leaving the porch, which is false per the police statement.
So where does that leave us, other than having a dead woman?
Was the homeowner within his rights? We don’t know, as it is too soon to tell.
Was she pounding on his door, giving him the belief that she was trying to break the door down? At that time of the night, a sleeping person could think so. Since he lived alone, he wasn’t expecting anyone.
Should he be charged? Again, it is too soon to tell. With what little I have in front of me, I am inclined to say no.
I do not see anything compelling me to believe that a crime has been committed. I also do not know if this is a rough area or not as I have not been there. Perhaps one of our readers can shed some light on this for us.